Well-Known Lawyer to Head Russian Blockchain Community
The same day, the board has renewed its line-up to include Bits.media founder Ivan Tikhonov, parliamentary candidate and founder of London-based cryptocurrency futures exchange Alexei Bragin, and Alex Fork, founder of Future fintech and author of theÂ book titled â€śBitcoin: More Than Moneyâ€ť.
Artem Tolkachev, the new board chairman, is the managing partner at law company Tolkachev & Partners, expert in legal regulation of crytotechnologies, and speaker at multiple local conferences on blockchain-related technologies.
In his farewell speech, Alex Fork thanked the community for the trust:
â€śThe management board includes the best experts and renowned representatives of the industry. We’ve done a great job this year: meetups, meetings with the working groups at the Bank of Russia, Belarus’s and Moldova’s National Banks, Sberbank, and other organizations. Additionally, we’ve held multiple conferences and created cluster futurefintech.org to help new projects. I’m confident that the community will be able to solve even more problems using its participation and professional expertise. At this tense moment, it’s especially important that we have a solid legal position as to the technology. For that reason, I strongly support Artem Tolkachev as the board’s chairman. Artem, in my opinion, is the greatest legal expert for the industry in the entire Russian Federation.â€ť
Tolkachev also thanked the community for their trustÂ and expressed his hope that the community will become actively engaged in development of regulation and implementation of the technology throughout different sectors of economy.
â€śIn my view, currently, the main task of the community is to consolidate opinions as to regulation of the technologyÂ and to expand its applicability both in Russia and beyond. At my side, I’m open to discussion, and willing to assist,â€ť he said.
A permanent consultative entity for blockchain development has been created by a group of entrepreneurs in 2013. The community’s primary task is to consolidate opinions and to represent its participants.
The community incorporates companies engaged in development of blockchain technology and the respective market: Future fintech, Ethereum Foundation, Bw.com, 51asic, Bits.media, Tolkachev & Partners, Waves, Emerlabs, Bitbank.com, Cyber.fund, Satoshi.fund, Web-payment, Bitcoininfo, Cointelegraph, Newsbtc, Coinfox, ForkLog, Bitnovosti, Bitcoin&Blockchain Community Belarus, Kuna, BlockchainSolutions, Blockchain conferences etc.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- UK, U.S., and Canada Accuse Russia of Hacking Attacks to Steal Secret Research on Covid-19 Vaccine
- What Prompted Sudden Truce Between Telegram and Russian Watchdogs: Main Theories
- Trump Acknowledges 2018 Cyberattack Against Russian Troll Farm
- Germany Calls On EU Countries to Impose Cyber Sanctions On Russian Hackers
- Eastern Europe Hit by Massive Russia and China-backed Cyberattacks, Including Strong Propaganda on Social Networks, Analysis Suggests
- Kremlin-Backed Hacking Group Targets Power and Water Sector of Germany, Report
- Monument to Soviet Construction That Feeds Bitcoin Mining
- Safety Over Freedom: How Governments Introduce Surveillance Under Veil of Coronavirus Control