Waves Platform Raises Nearly $16 Million in a Crowdsale
Blockchain platform Waves has finalized the pre-sale of its tokens, having raised 29,445 BTC through crowdsale. At current exchange rate, this amount equals to $15,754,793.
As soon as the official ICO was over, the platform’s site read 29,445 BTC. That is the amount of sold Waves’ tokens. One token is worth nearly 0.00035 BTC.
Waves positions itself as a Kickstarter’s decentralized killer. The project seeks to effectively compete with existing crowdfunding platforms.
The project’s team has considered disadvantages of existing blockchain-based crowdfunding solutions, including theÂ volatility of a basic token (like in the case of NXT AE), and scarcity of options for fundraising. Users of Waves will be able to raise fiat money (EUR, USD), bitcoins, and Waves tokens for their projects.
The team stressed that Waves is not yet another cryptocurrency, but a blockchain system with precisely defined functionality.
Waves’ ICO was launched on April 12. Shortly afterwards, the project released a test net, so that investors could have an early access to the system’s prototype.
Last month, future integration of Waves and updated multicurrency wallet Mycelium was announced.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Over a Gram of Trouble: What Happened to People Who Bought Gram Futures
- How To Spot a Shitcoin?
- IEO Declared Dead, but Don’t Be Too Quick to Bury It
- Waves Breaks into dApps Market Launching Smart Contracts Functionality
- Amount of Funds Raised in Q1 2019 via ICOs Dramatically Falls Compared to Last Year’s Results
- Nearly 1,000 Crypto Projects Declared Dead in 2018
- Waves Platform Raises $120 Million for Vostok Private Blockchain Development
- SEC’s Strategic Hub for Innovation and Financial Technology to Guide Crypto Startups