Trading Operations at BTC-e Halted Due to Unscheduled Maintenance
One of the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchanges with Russian language support, BTC-e, has suddenly halted operations Sunday morning. Users have been unable to withdraw their funds for several hours now.
At the moment of writing, the platform itself remains accessible, as well as the chat. However, any attempt to withdraw funds returns a database error message.
A few minutes ago, the exchange tweeted:
No further clarification as to the situation are available now. The exchange’s administration provided no further comments, so the reasons behind the halting remain unclear.
However, according to transaction history of BTC-e’s hot wallet, no significant amounts have been withdrawn during last hours.
Earlier this week, BTC-e has gone offline for a short while due to expiration of an SSL certificate. However, it resumed operations in less than 24 hours.
ForkLog will continue monitoring the situation.
BTC-e.com is the world’s biggest Russian-speaking cryptocurrency exchange. It is one of the world’s ten biggest exchanges in terms of trading volume.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Trading with Bybit: Liquidation, Margin, and USDT Contracts
- Estimated $1.36 Billion In Crypto Lost To Criminals In First Half of 2020
- SEC vs. 11 Crypto-Companies: More Lawsuits to Come
- BTC-e: Crazy Story Of Financial Crime, Unshared Spoils, And Lies
- What Is DEX?
- CoinMarketCap Launches New Ranking Methodology Integrating Exchange Liquidity
- Eosfinex Opens for Trading, Launches on Mainnet EOS
- The Company Behind Popular Bitcoin Wallet Launches World’s ‘Fastest Crypto Exchange’