Russian Payments System Started Accepting Bitcoins
Russia-based payments system OOOPay has added an option of accepting and withdrawing Bitcoin for users.
Sergei Kravtsov, executive director of the company, says Bitcoin withdrawal is presently available via mass payments. A user may personally set up the option in the personal account. The withdrawal is also available by means of currency exchange.
“Blockchain technology is very perspective for financial sector. It’s one of the most discussed topics in payments industry. Yes, there’s still some ambiguity concerning the status of the technology, but the process has been launched anyway. We decided to work proactively in this area. Our operations fully comply with legal requirements,” Kravtsov said.
OOOPay is a payments system providing over a hundred of e-payment methods.
Notably, exchange rates for Bitcoin are far from being user-friendly. Thus, depositing 1 BTC to the account would be worth $379.44, with average exchange rate on the market being around $409 at the time of writing.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- UK, U.S., and Canada Accuse Russia of Hacking Attacks to Steal Secret Research on Covid-19 Vaccine
- What Prompted Sudden Truce Between Telegram and Russian Watchdogs: Main Theories
- Trump Acknowledges 2018 Cyberattack Against Russian Troll Farm
- Germany Calls On EU Countries to Impose Cyber Sanctions On Russian Hackers
- Eastern Europe Hit by Massive Russia and China-backed Cyberattacks, Including Strong Propaganda on Social Networks, Analysis Suggests
- Kremlin-Backed Hacking Group Targets Power and Water Sector of Germany, Report
- Monument to Soviet Construction That Feeds Bitcoin Mining
- Safety Over Freedom: How Governments Introduce Surveillance Under Veil of Coronavirus Control