Russian Central Bank: We Realize Benefits and Risks of Bitcoin
Elvira Nabiullina, chairman of the Central Bank of Russia, declared the bank sees the way Bitcoin market develops, and notices particular risks involved.
In her interview to CNBC she stated that Bitcoin could hardly become a reserve currency.
Nabiullina noted that the Central Bank sees the Bitcoin market developing and notices particular risks involved.
However, the regulator stated, the Central Banks also sees advantageous side of Bitcoin, being its efficiency, mobility and low costs involved.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- SEC vs Telegram: A Battle That Could Be Avoided
- Blockstream’s Christian Decker: It’s Really Hard to Inject Usefulness Into Proof-Of-Work
- A Blow on Telegram: Is Court Prohibition Loss to SEC for Pavel Durov’s Project?
- Stepan Gershuni: You Will Be Able to Buy Something With Bitcoin, Not so Sure About Other Currencies
- Whales or Rookies: Who’s to Blame for Bitcoin Crash?
- Bitcoin Needs Catastrophe to Succeed
- Adam Back: The Question Was Whether Bitcoin Would Bootstrap
- Alex Mashinsky on DeFi: Just Circulating Everything Inside the System Is not Going to Make Bitcoin Go to 100,000