Russian Central Bank takes a favorable view of Bitruble
As it became known to ForkLog, head of Russian Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina took a favorable view of QIWIs initiative to develop cryptocurrency called bitruble and cryptotechnology research in general.
According to Arkhipov, the basic problem faced by the regulator in terms of cryptotechology is absence of ready-made models to be used in the course of regulating digital currency market and relevant technologies.
Another issue of importance in cryptotechnology regulation is complete absence of global regulation instances for either an entire country, or some business activity. Solutions available in other countries are mostly oriented towards understanding of bitcoins economic essence or exchange regulation.
Find out more about bitruble and peculiarities of cryptocurrency regulation in Russia in our exclusive interview with Bitruble project management board to be published later this week.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- US Regulator Greenlights Banks to Provide Custody Services for Crypto
- UK, U.S., and Canada Accuse Russia of Hacking Attacks to Steal Secret Research on Covid-19 Vaccine
- What Prompted Sudden Truce Between Telegram and Russian Watchdogs: Main Theories
- Trump Acknowledges 2018 Cyberattack Against Russian Troll Farm
- Germany Calls On EU Countries to Impose Cyber Sanctions On Russian Hackers
- Antifa Threatened With Extremist Status: No Longer Thinks Bitcoin Is an Alt-Right Currency Antifa and BLM Will Make Bitcoin Edgy Again
- Eastern Europe Hit by Massive Russia and China-backed Cyberattacks, Including Strong Propaganda on Social Networks, Analysis Suggests
- How Police Spy on Protesters