Russian Central Bank Pushes For ‘Professional’ Miners Taxation
The deputy head of Russia’s central bank Olga Skorobogatova has stated that cryptocurrency mining as a business has to be registered and taxed.
The official insists that mining is more than just production of cryptocurrencies.
“Mining is validation of transactions that are represented as blocks on the blockchain. Validation is carried out by finding complex mathematical formulas, and it requires a serious infrastructure, so we think it’s a business. And, being a business, it has to be registered and subject to taxation,” Skorobogatova said.
According to Skorobogatova, the taxation will cover both companies and individual entrepreneurs.
Earlier, Russia’s ministry of finance has issued a statement suggesting that no special taxation is needed for bitcoin/fiat exchange operations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Korea Imposes 20% Tax on Capital Gains From Crypto Transactions
- UK, U.S., and Canada Accuse Russia of Hacking Attacks to Steal Secret Research on Covid-19 Vaccine
- What Prompted Sudden Truce Between Telegram and Russian Watchdogs: Main Theories
- Trump Acknowledges 2018 Cyberattack Against Russian Troll Farm
- Germany Calls On EU Countries to Impose Cyber Sanctions On Russian Hackers
- Eastern Europe Hit by Massive Russia and China-backed Cyberattacks, Including Strong Propaganda on Social Networks, Analysis Suggests
- Kremlin-Backed Hacking Group Targets Power and Water Sector of Germany, Report
- Base Block Podcast Host: The Further We Go, the More I Think That the Case of Bitcoin Is Not About the Technology