Russian Authorities Receive Putin’s “Signal” to Spearhead Cryptocurrency Mining
In the latest twist of events, Russian government claimed it intends to “head and legally regulate” issuance and turnover of cryptocurrencies.
The country’s minister of finance Anton Siluanov stated after a meeting with president Vladimir Putin:
“We agreed that the government has to regulate the process of issuance, mining, and turnover of cryptocurrencies.”
Mr. Siluanov, however, did not mention any particular measures the government intends to use. It is also unknown which government entity would be responsible for cryptocurrency regulation.
A day earlier, Vladimir Putin stated that he shares the Central Bank’s concerns regarding fraud involved in cryptocurrency, yet asked “not to pile up unnecessary barriers” while preparing a regulatory framework for cryptocurrencies.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Whales Transfer Over 700K ETH in ‘Pre-Pump Positioning’
- Chess Ex-Champion Garry Kasparov: Bitcoin is Natural Choice in Fight Against Human Rights Violations
- UK, U.S., and Canada Accuse Russia of Hacking Attacks to Steal Secret Research on Covid-19 Vaccine
- What Prompted Sudden Truce Between Telegram and Russian Watchdogs: Main Theories
- Trump Acknowledges 2018 Cyberattack Against Russian Troll Farm
- Germany Calls On EU Countries to Impose Cyber Sanctions On Russian Hackers
- Antifa Threatened With Extremist Status: No Longer Thinks Bitcoin Is an Alt-Right Currency Antifa and BLM Will Make Bitcoin Edgy Again
- Will Bitcoin Always Be #1?