Russia Blocks Bitcoin Sites Again
Yet another Russian Bitcoin internet resource was blocked a few hours ago. Bitnovosti.com has fallen another victim to Roskomnadzor. According to social media posts, the resource is unavailable in Russia.
When trying to access the site with a Russian IP it returns a notice as follows.
It should be noted that Unified Register for Banned Sites lacks any mention of bitnovosti.com, however, it seems to be a matter of time.
Several owners of Bitcoin sites that had been blocked in January, recently won a court case and successfully managed to overturn the ban. Back then, BTCsec.ru and coinspot.ru were banned.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- How Centralized Social Media are Forced to Censor Content: Facebook Case
- UK, U.S., and Canada Accuse Russia of Hacking Attacks to Steal Secret Research on Covid-19 Vaccine
- What Prompted Sudden Truce Between Telegram and Russian Watchdogs: Main Theories
- Trump Acknowledges 2018 Cyberattack Against Russian Troll Farm
- Germany Calls On EU Countries to Impose Cyber Sanctions On Russian Hackers
- EARN IT Act: Savior of Children or Privacy Assassin?
- Eastern Europe Hit by Massive Russia and China-backed Cyberattacks, Including Strong Propaganda on Social Networks, Analysis Suggests
- Enlightened Despot: Is Google Fit to Tell Good from Evil?