QIWI: Five Banks to Join Russian Take on R3
Russia’s blockchain consortium will initially incorporate five banks along with the project’s initiator, payments processor QIWI, and the Bank of Russia as a regulator.
According to TASS, speaking at an informal meeting during the Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum, QIWI CEO SergeyÂ Solonin said:
â€śWe’ve already announced a consortium. There’ll be something next week. In technological terms, I mean. There’ll be a new picture, the central bank will announce it. It’s not about security, it’s about new technologies of using blockchain in banking.â€ť
QIWI has first announced its take on R3 in late May. Back then, it was announced that QIWI’s consortium would welcome Sberbank, Binbank and Aplha Bank.
The decision was primarily justified by the international sanctions imposed on Russia by the EU and the US.
Earlier SergeyÂ Solonin announced that QIWI failed to agree the bitruble project with the Bank of Russia. The project was underway since last September.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- NEAR Co-Founder: Bitcoin’s Level of Security Isn’t Necessary for Most Blockchain Use Cases
- Blockstack’s Muneeb Ali: Bitcoin as the Most Secure Blockchain Will Be the Best Foundational Layer for Web 3.0
- Voice Launch Rushed in the Face of Legacy Social Media Crisis
- Ethan Buchman: I Might Be a Covet Bitcoin Maximalist, but Future Is About Proof-Of-Stake
- Are Censorship Free Platforms Doomed to Become Den of Trolls? Gab’s Case
- Is First Decentralized Social Network Still Relevant: Steemit Retrospective Review
- How Crypto Grant Foundations Work: Expert Insights
- The Watchful Eye of Chainalysis: How Bitcoins Get Dirty and How It May Affect You