Purse Announces a Secret Project
Bitcoin startup Purse announced a mysterious thing they called a “secret bitcoin project” named Tritium, which seems to be released in near future. No details regarding the project were available from the startup itself and its investors. The only information known in this respect is that the project is set to provide “new value to consumers and partners”.
Among the startup’s investors are the Digital Currency Group and Roger Ver, who, however, seems to have invested everywhere.
The startup also announced that it has raised $1 million in an investment round. Maybe this money will be spent on development of the mysterious project it teases the community with. Most probably, however, Tritium will expand the existing functionality of Purse, which deals with online marketplaces and provision of cryptocurrency services to merchants.
As long as no terms are stated, the release of Tritum should be expected at least in the Q1 of 2016.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Tone Vays: Whatever Governments Call Their Digital Currencies, It’s All About Getting Rid of Paper Money
- Blockstream’s Christian Decker: It’s Really Hard to Inject Usefulness Into Proof-Of-Work
- Stepan Gershuni: You Will Be Able to Buy Something With Bitcoin, Not so Sure About Other Currencies
- Whales or Rookies: Who’s to Blame for Bitcoin Crash?
- Bitcoin Needs Catastrophe to Succeed
- Adam Back: The Question Was Whether Bitcoin Would Bootstrap
- Alex Mashinsky on DeFi: Just Circulating Everything Inside the System Is not Going to Make Bitcoin Go to 100,000
- Global Recession: What Are Risks For Bitcoin And Miners