Pornolab Creates a Mirror in EmerCoin’s Decentralized Domain Zone
Pornolab, one of the biggest adult torrent trackers in post-Soviet states, has created a mirror to bypass the ban of the main domain.
Pornolab.net has been blocked in Russia on November 7th. The website’s administration warned users of the forthcoming ban as early as on November 3rd. They noted that Roskomnadzor has sent a letter demanding that illegal information be removed.
Now the file exchange’s forum reads an announcement of opening a domain in alternate zone of *.lib established on the base of EmerCoin blockchain. Therein one might find instructions to use emcDNS.
Alternate domain of *.lib is one of four root zones of a blockchain based decentralized DNS network. Currently, there are following zones supported by the system:
*.coin: everything related to coins and commerce;
*.emc: resources dedicated to EmerCoin;
*.lib: derivative from both ‘library’ and ‘liberty’;
*.bazar: various sell/buy services.
EmerCoin’s decentralized DNS network was launched two years ago, in November 2014. The project decided to create such services because owners have no rights in DNS networks, while providers may terminate websites upon demands by authorities or other entities.
Russian authorities have already used the centralized nature of DNS networks to ban LinkedIn, online library Flibusta, Pornolab and PornHub, as well as LocalBitcoins.
Lawyers from RosKomSvoboda, an NPO focused on challenging such rulings, intend to file an appeal as to such bans, including localbitcoins.com. They have filed and submitted appeals as to illicit rulings violating substantial and procedural regulations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- How Centralized Social Media are Forced to Censor Content: Facebook Case
- What Prompted Sudden Truce Between Telegram and Russian Watchdogs: Main Theories
- NEAR Co-Founder: Bitcoin’s Level of Security Isn’t Necessary for Most Blockchain Use Cases
- Blockstack’s Muneeb Ali: Bitcoin as the Most Secure Blockchain Will Be the Best Foundational Layer for Web 3.0
- EARN IT Act: Savior of Children or Privacy Assassin?
- Voice Launch Rushed in the Face of Legacy Social Media Crisis
- Ethan Buchman: I Might Be a Covet Bitcoin Maximalist, but Future Is About Proof-Of-Stake
- Enlightened Despot: Is Google Fit to Tell Good from Evil?