Kraken Launches OTC Block Trading Service
U.S.-based bitcoin exchange Kraken has announced a major expansion to its OTC trading platform which will enhance the execution of large block trades for clients worldwide.
— Kraken Exchange (@krakenfx) 17 September 2018
According to the statement, Kraken now offers deeper liquidity and private, personalized service to institutions and high net-worth individuals needing to fill large orders.
“Whether you are trading blocks of 100,000 USD, 100,000,000 EUR or 2,000 Bitcoin, the OTC desk will provide you with execution and settlement services that are discrete, secure and ultra-competitive,” said the exchange.
The new service is available with 17 different assets (Bitcoin (XBT), Ether (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ether Classic (ETC), Ripple (XRP), Lumens (XLM), EOS (EOS), Litecoin (LTC), Monero (XMR), Dash (DASH), Zcash (ZEC), Melon (MLN), Augur (REP), Gnosis (GNO), Iconomi (ICN), Tether (USDT), Dogecoin (DOGE), and three fiat currencies: US dollars (USD), Euros (EUR), Japanese yen (JPY).
The minimum order size is set at $100,000 but Kraken says exceptions can be discussed on a case by case basis.
Earlier this month, Kraken found itself in a controversy with the rumors spreading that the exchange fired a large number of employees in its location in Halifax, Canada. A security breach was given as the reason for the alleged firing. However, Kraken refuted allegations of ceasing the operations and security breach.
We can confirm that we are not shutting down any operations in any specific place, and there has been no security breach. Everything is fine & secure.
Thank you for your reaching out to us with your question!
— Kraken Support (@krakensupport) 5 September 2018
Currently, Kraken offers trading for most of the largest cryptocurrencies, such as, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum Classic, Ripple, Stellar Lumens, EOS, Litecoin, Monero, Zcash, and Dogecoin among others.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- ShapeShift Celebrates Five Years Anniversary With New Platform Launch
- Former Bitmain CEO Jihan Wu Launches New Crypto Trading Platform
- Russian Culprits Linked to Coincheck’s $530 Million Hack Attack
- BiteBTC Crypto Exchange Pulls an Alleged Exit Scam. CoinMarketCap Warns of Withdrawals Being Halted
- Bitfinex Raises $1 Billion Via Private Token Sale
- No Bitcoin Network Re-Org as Binance Falls Victim to $40 Mln Hack
- Bithumb Crypto Exchange to Expand International Activities After Raising $200 Million Funding
- LedgerX Could Launch Physically Settled Bitcoin Futures Contracts Ahead of Bakkt