Head of Post Bank Believes Government Will Inevitably Lose Control Over Money Transactions
Speaking at Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum, Dmitry Rudenko, Head of Russia-based PostBank, stated that the development of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies is profitable for Russia due to its infrastructure and nature features.
According to RIA Novosti, he said:
â€śI would immediately welcome a cryptocurrency and a blockchain-based settlement system for one simple reason: I have to deploy offices across the entire country, including the regions where delivery of cash is more expensive than the cash itself. In Russia, when it comes to the country’s ecosystem and infrastructure, there’s no other option.â€ť
However, Rudenko noted that the government is still not ready to do that, as a distributed system based on blockchain technology would cause it to lose control over money transactions.
â€śI see no problem here. It will happen anyway,â€ť the bank’s head added.
According to Lexnet.io lawyer Valentin Pivovarov, Russian authorities see a threat in blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies as the new technologies are capable of completely decentralizing social processes.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Whales Transfer Over 700K ETH in ‘Pre-Pump Positioning’
- Chess Ex-Champion Garry Kasparov: Bitcoin is Natural Choice in Fight Against Human Rights Violations
- UK, U.S., and Canada Accuse Russia of Hacking Attacks to Steal Secret Research on Covid-19 Vaccine
- What Prompted Sudden Truce Between Telegram and Russian Watchdogs: Main Theories
- Trump Acknowledges 2018 Cyberattack Against Russian Troll Farm
- Germany Calls On EU Countries to Impose Cyber Sanctions On Russian Hackers
- Antifa Threatened With Extremist Status: No Longer Thinks Bitcoin Is an Alt-Right Currency Antifa and BLM Will Make Bitcoin Edgy Again
- Will Bitcoin Always Be #1?