EXMO: Pavel Lerner is Safe, No Physical Harm Inflicted
Bitcoin exchange EXMO has released an official statement on the abduction of Pavel Lerner, the platform’s leading analyst. According to EXMO representatives, at the moment Pavel Lerner is safe.
Earlier this week, Pavel Lerner was abducted in Kyiv, Ukraine, and there was no connection with him for several days.
“December 29, we managed to get a hold of Pavel. At the moment, he is safe, and there was no physical harm inflicted on him. Nevertheless, Pavel is currently in a state of major stress, therefore, he will not provide any official comments in the coming days,” the statement reads.
The Ukrainian law enforcement authorities are currently investigating the case.
“We would like to note that the story of Pavel’s abduction has overgrown with rumors that might tamper with the official investigation. That said, EXMO currently refrains from any comments or suggestions of own versions of the possible scenario, in the nearest future,” the exchange added.
It is also stressed that Pavel’s activity at EXMO did not involve an access to financial assets of the users, and that despite the events, the exchange continues its usual operations.
Pavel is a leading analyst at EXMO, and is a blockchain expert who leads an array of personal blockchain startup projects not related to the operations of the EXMO platform.
As ForkLog reported earlier, Pavel Lerner first became unreachable on Tuesday afternoon after he was dragged into a black Mercedes-Benz and abducted by unknown persons in dark clothes and balaclavas.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Bitcoin ATMs Operator Faces 30 Years in Prison for Money Laundering
- Bitsonar Exit Scam: How Former Ukrainian Government Official Took Money From Europeans, Americans, and Russians With Cryptopyramid
- Ukraine’s Deputy Minister of Digital Transformation: We Want Ukraine to Join Countries That Develop New Economy
- Nearly $1 Billion Stolen in Crypto Hacks in 2018
- Alternative Cryptocurrency Regulation Bills Introduced in Ukraine and Russia
- You Can Now Buy Fruits and Vegetables with Bitcoin in Kyiv
- Ukraine Set to Recognize Cryptocurrencies as a Financial Instrument
- Ukraine Electoral Commission Trials NEM Blockchain for Voting Process