Eugene Kaspersky: The World Is Not Ready for Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Yet
Eugene Kaspersky, the head of Kaspersky Lab, believes that even if cryptocurrencies get widely accepted, it is unlikely to happen earlier than â€śin five hundred years,â€ť and only in the form of some analogs of what we know today.
Speaking about â€śthe blockchain themeâ€ť to Bankir.ru, Kaspersky said:
â€śIt’s a beautiful theme. Blockchain in terms of cryptocurrency is among the most brilliant inventions, but the world’s not ready for it now. Five hundred years from now, there won’t be money, but only analogs of what we call cryptocurrency.â€ť
He also believes that contemporary political system will seize control over cryptocurrencies once they start to pose some real threat to it.
â€śI can easily imagine national cryptocurrencies. The independent ones are unlikely.â€ť
Kaspersky also believes that quantum computers are a serious obstacle on the way of blockchain technology.
â€śOnce they emerge, the entire cryptography of today will go south. There’ll be quantum cryptography. They’ll have to use quantum computers to encrypt information, and they will be very expensive from the start. This will threaten modern-day principles of blockchain,â€ť he added.
Back in 2015, Kaspersky also called cryptocurrencies the most brilliant invention of the humankind, stressing, however, that the world is not ready to use them in geopolitical terms.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Antifa Threatened With Extremist Status: No Longer Thinks Bitcoin Is an Alt-Right Currency Antifa and BLM Will Make Bitcoin Edgy Again
- Will Bitcoin Always Be #1?
- Trading with Bybit: Liquidation, Margin, and USDT Contracts
- Eastern European Hacker Group Stole $200m From Crypto Exchanges via Supply-Chain Attack
- Are RSA and Cryptocurrencies Safe Despite Quantum Computing Progress?
- North Korea’s Hacker Army Is Just as Serious as Nukes and It’s Keen on Stealing Your Crypto
- Estimated $1.36 Billion In Crypto Lost To Criminals In First Half of 2020
- Chief Product Officer at CEX.IO: 5 Steps to Upskill Yourself as a Trader