Dogecoin Surpasses Zcash in Total Market Cap, Enters CoinMarketCap’s Top-20
Dogecoin (DOGE), has surpassed the market capitalization of Zcash (ZEC), one of the top privacy coins. Over the past 24 hours, DOGE has surged more than 13%, adding close to $80 million to its market cap.
Trading at around 0.00000087 BTC ($0.005719), Dogecoin is now valued at $663.7 million, almost $38 million more than the market cap of Zcash, which stands at $627.5 million.
DOGE’s price surge was boosted by the recent demo of Dogethereum, an experimental effort to bring Dogecoin to the Ethereum blockchain, enabling the use of Dogecoin with Ethereum smart contracts through a new DOGE-backed Ethereum token.
The news was confirmed via Dogecoin’s Twitter with the experiment’s results available on YouTube:
We don’t regularly do technical content off this account, but as a lot of people are asking – there was a demo of the bridge today and yes it worked 🙂 – Ross https://t.co/eChHmuCPby
— Dogecoin (@dogecoin) 5 September 2018
DOGE is now ranked 20th on CoinMarketCap and is roughly $90 million away from Tezos in the 19th spot.
Bitcoin is currently changing hands around $6,500 gaining 0.75 percent over the last 24 hours.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Will Monero, Dash, Zcash, And Other Private Coins Be Delisted?
- Ycash, Hardfork of Privacy Focused Cryptocurrency Zcash, Is Live
- Bitcoin Tops Weiss Crypto Ratings After Being Upgraded to A- Score
- Bitcoin Has Been the Most Volatile and Best Performing Cryptocurrency in June – Report
- Bitcoin Price Soars to $7,500 to Establish New 2019 High
- Bitcoin Looks Bullish After Shortly Breaking the $5,000 Mark
- Nasdaq to Add Bitcoin and Ethereum Indices to Its Global Data Service
- Ethereum Back to Crypto Second Spot Amid Market’s Moderately Positive Growth