Dogecoin Surpasses Zcash in Total Market Cap, Enters CoinMarketCap’s Top-20
Dogecoin (DOGE), has surpassed the market capitalization of Zcash (ZEC), one of the top privacy coins. Over the past 24 hours, DOGE has surged more than 13%, adding close to $80 million to its market cap.
Trading at around 0.00000087 BTC ($0.005719), Dogecoin is now valued at $663.7 million, almost $38 million more than the market cap of Zcash, which stands at $627.5 million.
DOGE’s price surge was boosted by the recent demo of Dogethereum, an experimental effort to bring Dogecoin to the Ethereum blockchain, enabling the use of Dogecoin with Ethereum smart contracts through a new DOGE-backed Ethereum token.
The news was confirmed via Dogecoin’s Twitter with the experiment’s results available on YouTube:
We don’t regularly do technical content off this account, but as a lot of people are asking – there was a demo of the bridge today and yes it worked 🙂 – Ross https://t.co/eChHmuCPby
— Dogecoin (@dogecoin) 5 September 2018
DOGE is now ranked 20th on CoinMarketCap and is roughly $90 million away from Tezos in the 19th spot.
Bitcoin is currently changing hands around $6,500 gaining 0.75 percent over the last 24 hours.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Whales Transfer Over 700K ETH in ‘Pre-Pump Positioning’
- Bitcoin Investors Remain Bullish Despite Extended Consolidation
- CoinMarketCap vs. CoinGecko: Choosing Tools to Analyze Crypto Markets
- Global Recession: What Are Risks For Bitcoin And Miners
- Is Bitcoin Safe-Haven Asset? What Experts Think
- Professional Trader Talks About Bitcoin Price Bottom
- Bitcoin Collapse and the Crisis in the Financial Markets With Live Updates: Opinions, Estimates, Forecasts
- Bitcoin Price Dropped Below $6,000 and Keeps Sinking