DECENT Announces Founding of New Media & Entertainment-Focused Subsidiary
The Swiss-based international blockchain company, DECENT, has announced this week the launch of a new media and entertainment spin-off company, named DECENT Media Group (DMG). By establishing DMG, DECENT intends to concentrate all of its use cases for the entertainment and media industry into a single entity.
Founded in 2015, DECENT is a non-profit foundation that has developed an open-source blockchain platform, DCore. Cooperating closely with top investment funds and incubators, DECENT is dedicated to building the ecosystem upon its proprietary blockchain technology to help developers and businesses adapt to a decentralized future.
As the company stresses, media and entertainment industries have recorded a dramatic shift from the traditional television networks in the past few years, as – with the advancement of modern technology – viewers’ focus is shifting toward more convenient services such as online streaming and on-demand platforms.
With DECENT’s rising portfolio of projects pertaining to different fields of industry, including aviation & defense, supply chain management, and finance, DMG would allocate resources and ensure its primary focus to media and entertainment projects through the use its proprietary technology.
“Our DCore platform has proven to be versatile and this is evident by the many different industries it has benefited over the past year and a half. The establishment of DECENT Media Group (DMG) allows us to dedicate focus on industry-specific projects oriented towards media and entertainment with the goal in mind of further progressing blockchain adoption,” says Matej Michalko, CEO and Founder of DECENT.
The newly established entity will be focusing on designing, developing, and commercializing innovative blockchain-based solutions for the media and entertainment industry.
DMG’s mission is to facilitate content distribution in a faster, more cost-efficient manner whilst ensuring that content creators get their fair share of revenue for their work and content consumers pay a fair price – DECENT
DECENT’s blockchain protocol already fuels numerous media & entertainment-oriented projects, like Ficto by Fiction Riot, Muvi, Filmzie, and Kidoodle.tv.
In December 2018, DECENT launched Token 4 Hope, a humanitarian project aimed at helping economically disadvantaged individuals through tokenization, transparency, and credibility.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- NEAR Co-Founder: Bitcoin’s Level of Security Isn’t Necessary for Most Blockchain Use Cases
- Blockstack’s Muneeb Ali: Bitcoin as the Most Secure Blockchain Will Be the Best Foundational Layer for Web 3.0
- Voice Launch Rushed in the Face of Legacy Social Media Crisis
- Ethan Buchman: I Might Be a Covet Bitcoin Maximalist, but Future Is About Proof-Of-Stake
- Are Censorship Free Platforms Doomed to Become Den of Trolls? Gab’s Case
- Is First Decentralized Social Network Still Relevant: Steemit Retrospective Review
- How Crypto Grant Foundations Work: Expert Insights
- The Watchful Eye of Chainalysis: How Bitcoins Get Dirty and How It May Affect You