Cryptsy is in Trouble Again
One of the biggest altcoin exchanges Cryptsy went offline for almost 12 straight hours today. The outage followied multiple reports related to withdrawal problems. First delays in cryptocurrency withdrawal began last week, while on November 22 Cryptsy’s official Twitter announced there were problems with wallets, and that withdrawal / deposit of assets was suspended.
The exchange has already faced some technical and reputational issues earlier. However, reports on withdrawal problems became much more abundant last couple of weeks. Some of them involved delays in bitcoin withdrawal comprising up to 12 hours. There were some reports stating that no withdrawal was possible whatsoever. Some users complained they could not refill their accounts.
The company states that the problems are of external origins, and blame everything on DDoS attacks. However, as of November 22 all wallet operations were suspended, and today the company’s site went offline.
Website offline due to denial of service attack. We are working to mitigate.
— Cryptsy (@cryptsy) November 25, 2015
Back in October, one of Florida’s legal firms filed a lawsuit against Cryptsy stating the company is engaged in scam activities and neglects security measures. The company traverses all such accusations.
At the moment of writing, Cryptsy went back online again.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Estimated $1.36 Billion In Crypto Lost To Criminals In First Half of 2020
- SEC vs. 11 Crypto-Companies: More Lawsuits to Come
- What Is DEX?
- CoinMarketCap Launches New Ranking Methodology Integrating Exchange Liquidity
- Eosfinex Opens for Trading, Launches on Mainnet EOS
- The Company Behind Popular Bitcoin Wallet Launches World’s ‘Fastest Crypto Exchange’
- BitMEX Customers Withdraw $85 Million Following CTFC Investigation
- Russian Culprits Linked to Coincheck’s $530 Million Hack Attack