Cryptocurrency Exchange OKCoin Expands Into 20 New States
After launching its fiat-to-token trading platform in California earlier this summer Hong Kong-based crypto exchange OKCoin has announced that it is expanding token-to-token trading to 20 more states in the U.S.
Token-to-token trading is now live in 20 more states! OKCoin continues to work with local laws and regulators to ensure we operate a fully regulated exchange. https://t.co/dJ63vKWScX#Cryptocurrency #Exchange #Trading
— OKCoin (@OKCoin) 12 September 2018
Trading is now available to investors in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin.
“In order for the cryptocurrency market to reach its full potential, exchanges like OKCoin have to work with existing and new regulators for convertible virtual currency, digital goods, and/or securities,” said Tim Buyn, OKCoin CEO. “Our team has worked diligently within the complexities of the US regulatory frameworks. We’re excited to take this major step forward as we aim to break down the barriers preventing a truly global digital asset market while adhering to long established regulations.”
The company also says that it is in the process of applying for money transmittal licenses (MTL) in the remaining states for token-to-token trading as well as fiat-to-token trading.
“Offering fast trades and industry-leading expertise and support, our mission is to help eliminate trading barriers and improve transaction efficiency while complying with the highest regulatory standards in the US and the world,” says the announcement.
OKCoin is one of the world’s first and largest regulated digital asset exchanges, with millions of users in more than 100 countries around the world. Founded in 2013, it provides traders and institutions with a fiat-to-token trading platform for digital assets including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and Litecoin, with more assets coming soon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- CoinMarketCap Launches New Ranking Methodology Integrating Exchange Liquidity
- LedgerX Launches Physically-Settled Bitcoin Futures Ahead of Bakkt and ErisX
- Eosfinex Opens for Trading, Launches on Mainnet EOS
- The Company Behind Popular Bitcoin Wallet Launches World’s ‘Fastest Crypto Exchange’
- BitMEX Customers Withdraw $85 Million Following CTFC Investigation
- Blockstack Receives SEC Approval for First Reg A+ Compliant Token Offering in U.S. History
- STASIS EURS, The First Euro-Pegged Stable Coin, Listed on OKCoin
- ShapeShift Celebrates Five Years Anniversary With New Platform Launch