Craig Wright Refuses to Prove He’s Satoshi Nakamoto
Austraian entrepreneur Craig Wright refused to prove he had created bitcoin.Â All previous posts from his blog have been deleted today, and now it has only one message of apology.
“I believed that I could do this. I believed that I could put the years of anonymity and hiding behind me. But, as the events of this week unfolded and I prepared to publish the proof of access to the earliest keys, I broke. I do not have the courage. I cannot,” the blog reads.
Wright acknowledged that his statements could affect people who had supported his claims earlier, namely Jon Matonis and Gavin Andresen.
“I can only hope that their honour and credibility is not irreparably tainted by my actions. They were not deceived, but I know that the world will never believe that now. I can only say I’m sorry,” Wright added.
Jon Matonis reacted to Wright’s breakdown in a tweet:
There won't be an on-chain signing from early bitcoin blocks, but there also won't be another Satoshi.
— Jon Matonis (@jonmatonis) May 5, 2016
Only two days ago Wright promised to provide additional proofs he is Satoshi Nakamoto. In particular, he stated he would transact bitcoins from one of the very first bitcoin addresses.
The news made the headlines on Monday, when three major publications – BBC, The Economist, and GQ – published their reports on their meeting with Wright who had provided them with proofs substantiating his claims.
Is this the end of the story? Is Craig Wright really bitcoin’s creator, or it’s all been a hoax? There are no answers. And maybe it doesn’t really matter.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Opinion: BSV May Look More Like Joke, but There’s More to It
- From Drug Peddler To Elon Musk: How Is Satoshi Nakamoto Still Anonymous After a Decade-Long Search
- According to CEO of Bitcoin.com, BTC is Gold, BSV is Scam, and BCH is Money
- Satoshi Nakamoto Thanked on Bitcoin’s Genesis Block 10th Anniversary with The Times Advert
- New Research Estimates Satoshi Nakamoto Owns Around 700,00 Bitcoins
- Satoshi Writing a Book? Bitcoin Creator Said to be Revealing Cryptocurrency Mysteries
- Craig Wright Promises Transact from One of the First Bitcoin Addresses
- Is the Hunting of Satoshi Over?