Canada’s Largest Crypto Exchange to Expand to Europe
Coinsquare, Canada’s largest trading platform for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies, announced its planned expansion into the European market, set for Q4 2018.
According to a statement, customers across Europe will have access to Coinsquare’s entire suite of coins—Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, XRP, Dogecoin, and Dash—all available with the safety and security that the trading platform has become known for in Canada.
“Cryptocurrency investors globally want a platform they can trust,” said Thomas Jankowski, Chief Digital and Growth Officer of Coinsquare. “Coinsquare is a regulated, fully-compliant trading platform and we’re thrilled to offer the European market the same secure and intuitive interface that we offer to Canadians.”
Founded in 2014 and based in Toronto, Coinsquare is one of Canada’s largest cryptocurrency trading platforms, providing customers the opportunity to trade fiat currency for several different cryptocurrencies.
This is exchange’s first international expansion under the Coinsquare brand, but not its first step in the global cryptocurrency market; the company recently announced it will be powering a Japanese exchange in partnership with DLTa21, a global cryptocurrency investment bank, through Coinsquare Licensing.
Cole Diamond, CEO of Coinsquare said:
“Entering on a massive market like the EU is an exciting step closer to Coinsquare’s vision of becoming a global 21st century financial institution. Already the premier cryptocurrency exchange in Canada, we are careful in how we expand internationally to ensure we can offer the same high quality, secure service in every country we operate.”
Recently, Coinsquare announced the launch of Coincapital, a new investment fund and portfolio manager that will offer a suite of investment products focused on emerging technologies including blockchain, artificial intelligence, and cryptocurrencies.
Other announcements include the launch of Coinsquare Licensing, a division built to power cryptocurrency trading solutions globally using Coinsquare’s technology, and the addition of the highly anticipated XRP (Ripple) token to Coinsquare’s listings.
According to data by CoinMarketCap, at press time Coinsquare’s 24-hours trading volumes comprise $8,5 mln with BTC/CAD, ETH/BTC and LTC/BTC being the largest markets.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Execs of Crypto Exchange Coinsquare Resign Over Market Manipulation Accusations
- UK, U.S., and Canada Accuse Russia of Hacking Attacks to Steal Secret Research on Covid-19 Vaccine
- Trading with Bybit: Liquidation, Margin, and USDT Contracts
- Estimated $1.36 Billion In Crypto Lost To Criminals In First Half of 2020
- Internet as Battlefield: War Between Authoritarian and Democratic Paradigms for Digital Tomorrow
- Zuckerberg Urges EU to Outpace Chinese Model and Push Digital Platforms Regulations Based on Western Sets of Values
- SEC vs. 11 Crypto-Companies: More Lawsuits to Come
- Safety Over Freedom: How Governments Introduce Surveillance Under Veil of Coronavirus Control