Burger King to Accept Bitcoins in Russia by the End of 2017
Russian division of popular fast food franchise Burger King has announced it is developing software to accept bitcoins.
The cryptocurrency option is expected to be rolled out by the end of 2017.
“The company plans to announce the winner of the tender for development of software that would enable us to accept bitcoins. The contractor will have to develop solutions for burgerking.ru, mobile app for Android and iOS, and cash registers on R-keeper,” the company’s statement reads.
Meanwhile, CEO of Burger King Russia Dmitri Medov acknowledged that the main problem with accepting cryptocurrency lies with taxation, not with technical issues.
Nevertheless, the company is confident about the initiative’s success.
“Burger King is watching new trends closely, so we decided to launch this project. Cryptocurrency payments are the immediate future,” Mr. Medov stated.
Remarkably, Russian subdivision of Burger King isn’t the first one to notice bitcoin. In Arnhem, Netherlands, Burger King started accepting bitcoins last year, joining famous Arnhem Bitcoinstad initiative.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Bitcoin ATMs Operator Faces 30 Years in Prison for Money Laundering
- Chess Ex-Champion Garry Kasparov: Bitcoin is Natural Choice in Fight Against Human Rights Violations
- CipherTrace: Twitter Hackers Laundered Stolen Bitcoins Through Exchanges and Casinos
- Opinion: Trump’s Election Campaign to Trigger Bitcoin Pump
- Korea Imposes 20% Tax on Capital Gains From Crypto Transactions
- Former GlobalHell Hacker: The Attack on Twitter Is Way Bigger than Anticipated
- UK, U.S., and Canada Accuse Russia of Hacking Attacks to Steal Secret Research on Covid-19 Vaccine
- What Prompted Sudden Truce Between Telegram and Russian Watchdogs: Main Theories