Bittrex Reopens New User Registrations
Seattle-based cryptocurrency exchange Bittrex announced the resumption of customer user registrations and the launch of its enhanced website.
The. Wait. Is. Over. New users can once again register on the @BittrexExchange. Want to sign up? Visit https://t.co/F7hqiiZplX and don’t forget to check out our enhanced website while you’re registering for a #Bittrex account. Learn more at: https://t.co/p9XX6eERqC
— Bittrex (@BittrexExchange) 10 April 2018
Registrations at Bittrex were initially paused in December due to saturated capacity and in order “to preserve the experience, stability and security of the platform for existing customers”. Over the past few months new users were enrolled through a waiting list program.
“We’ve spent the past four years building Bittrex on the founding principles of innovation, security and responsibility,” said Bittrex CEO Bill Shihara.
“Given these principles, pausing new user signups during a period of immense trading volume was not a decision we took lightly, but our responsibility to provide customers with a reliable platform and outstanding customer service, made it the right thing to do. After diligently working to improve our infrastructure and upgrade our website, we’re pleased to announce registration for new users resumed today.”
As was Bittrex previous policy, new users will need to submit to identity verification procedures to use the trading platform. The exchange uses these procedures to increase security for all users and ensure that the company is adhering to Know-Your-Customer rules.
The exchange is also launching an “enhanced website” with improved security, according to the announcement.
The company added that it had expanded its team to include former Amazon employees, as well as former members of the U.S. Departments of Justice and Homeland Security.
The news comes two months after Bittrex released its token listing criteria. The exchange’s employees conduct preliminary reviews of projects, but the exchange emphasized that tokens which make it to the full review must also undergo compliance procedures to be listed within the U.S.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Bitfinex Raises $1 Billion Via Private Token Sale
- No Bitcoin Network Re-Org as Binance Falls Victim to $40 Mln Hack
- Bithumb Crypto Exchange to Expand International Activities After Raising $200 Million Funding
- New York Financial Regulator Rejects Bittrex BitLicense Application
- StellarX Acquired by Major Canadian Crypto Exchange Coinsquare
- Crypto Exchange Kraken Considers Private Listing at $4B Valuation – Report
- Binance Adds Support for Circle’s USDC Stablecoin
- OKCoin Launches in Latin America with Fiat-to-Crypto Trading for the Argentine Peso