Bitcoin Surges Above $7,000 to a Three-Week High
Cryptocurrencies continued to push into bullish territory on Tuesday, August 28, as Bitcoin rose to a three-week high.
According to data provided by CoinMarketCap, the first currency has surged 5.10% to $7,083, as of 2:30 PM UTC.
Altcoins are on the rise as well, with the overall market capitalization standing at $230.4 billion at the time of writing, compared to $217 billion on Monday.
Ethereum, the second-biggest currency by market cap, rose 4.98% to $291.17, while XRP increased 6.61% to $0.349171 and Litecoin was at $61.96 up 7.80%.
Other biggest gainers include Dash, whose price soared over 25% boosted by the news of wider adoption in Latin America and partnership with Kripto Mobile, IOTA (up 16.38%), NEO (15.74%), and Tron (14.31%).
Cryptocurrencies were bolstered on Friday after the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) said it would review a decision to reject the applications of Bitcoin exchange traded funds. Prior to that, the SEC rejected nine applications from three companies to list their Bitcoin ETF funds, citing concerns about fraud and manipulation of Bitcoin markets.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Bitcoin Investors Remain Bullish Despite Extended Consolidation
- Halving Has Happened, What’s Next? Crypto-Industry Stakeholders Share Their Expectations
- CoinMarketCap vs. CoinGecko: Choosing Tools to Analyze Crypto Markets
- Whales or Rookies: Who’s to Blame for Bitcoin Crash?
- Global Recession: What Are Risks For Bitcoin And Miners
- Is Bitcoin Safe-Haven Asset? What Experts Think
- Professional Trader Talks About Bitcoin Price Bottom
- COT Report Analysis: Institutionals Ramped up Short Positions Before Crash