Bitcoin Briefly Test $9,000 as Binance Reportedly Launches Margin Trading
Following the recent surge past the $8,500 mark, on Thursday, May 30, Bitcoin has hit another milestone for the year, surging past $9,000 on Bitstamp and other major exchanges.
With this important barrier now conquered, Bitcoin five-figure prices could be just around the corner, however, the momentum was somewhat short-lived as the digital gold has since dropped below the $8,700.
These developments coincided with yet unconfirmed reports that Binance, the largest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume, has launched margin trading.
— Crypto Rand (@crypto_rand) May 30, 2019
While there is no official confirmation neither on Binance web-site, nor in the exchange’s social media channels, reports in crypto publications claim that the margin option is available by clicking the “M” icon at the top-right corner of the trading screen. With it, users can easily leverage 2x on Binance Coin (BNB), Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Tron (TRX), and Ripple (XRP).
Binance has been hinting that it would release margin trading on its exchange for a long time, however, with no clear date on when the option would be available.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Bitcoin Hovers Below $11,500 as Hash Rate and Mining Difficulty Hit New All-Time-Highs
- Bitcoin Has Been the Most Volatile and Best Performing Cryptocurrency in June – Report
- Bitcoin Price Soars to $7,500 to Establish New 2019 High
- No Bitcoin Network Re-Org as Binance Falls Victim to $40 Mln Hack
- Bitcoin Looks Bullish After Shortly Breaking the $5,000 Mark
- 2018 is the Year of Crypto Correction According to Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao as Bitcoin Goes Bullish
- Thomas Lee Remains Bullish Despite Bitcoin Price Sinking to New Lows
- Bitcoin Price Desperate to Break Out From Below $3,800 as the Markets Reach Lowest Levels Since September 2017