Binance Adds Support for Circle’s USDC Stablecoin
Leading cryptocurrency exchange Binance has announced it will list USD Coin (USDC), the stablecoin created by Circle and Coinbase via the CENTRE Consortium.
As per the announcement, deposits are already open and trading for USDC/BTC and USDC/BNB pairs will commence on Friday, November 16 at 03:00 AM UTC.
USDC was launched last month and has seen widespread adoption across the crypto ecosystem, being available globally on exchanges representing tens of billions of dollars in trading volume.
On a rare occasion, Coinbase took to Twitter to spread the news of a rival exchange adding the asset.
Binance is listing USDC–the stablecoin co-created by @circlepay and Coinbase via @centre_io. We co-founded the CENTRE Consortium with the goal of establishing a standard for fiat on the internet, and we’re thrilled to see adoption growing around the world. https://t.co/iNvQdvML3H
— Coinbase (@coinbase) 15 November 2018
According to CENTRE Consortium, the current circulating supply of USDC has exceeded $148 million and over “50 exchanges, protocols, platforms, applications and wallets” now support the stablecoin. Those exchanges include OKEx, currently the number one crypto trading platform globally in terms of volume, which added support for USDC exactly a month ago.
“Circle and Coinbase are confident that interest in USDC will continue to grow, bolstered by a desire for a more transparent and compliant USD token from market participants,’ CENTRE Consortium blog post reads.
With USDC coming to Binance, the number of stablecoins the exchange is now supporting has grown to four. Aside from USDC, those include Tether USDT, TrueUSD (TUSD) and Paxos Standard Token (PAX).
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Bitfinex Raises $1 Billion Via Private Token Sale
- No Bitcoin Network Re-Org as Binance Falls Victim to $40 Mln Hack
- Stablecoin Report: One Year Later
- Bithumb Crypto Exchange to Expand International Activities After Raising $200 Million Funding
- TrustToken Publishes Third-Party Audit Report for TrueUSD Stablecoin
- Facebook Allegedly Aiming to Raise $1 Billion for Its Crypto Project
- SEC Advisor Says Some Stabecoins Might be Violating Securities Laws
- Anchor – Will The New Stablecoin Be an Ultimate Solution to Preserving Monetary Value?