7th Hacker Congress in Prague to Seek Relief from Digital Totalitarianism
Prague-based Paralelní Polis will host the 7th Annual Hackers Congress (#HCPP20) from October 2 to October 4, 2020. HCPP is a major event gathering hackers, hacktivists, scientists and data experts, cypherpunks, crypto-anarchists, and others involved in the digital world.
Traditionally, each HCPP focuses on a specific issue that seeks to invoke discussions about profound problems of global political and economic systems. This year, the provocative idea behind the congress is “2020: a year of Digital Totality,” which deals with the impending totalitarianism in the digital reality that, according to the organizers, is becoming a “prison of bits and bytes, drones, cameras, databases, and hostile AI.”
Experts from various fields will gather to discuss how society could get rid of mass surveillance and other problems inherent in the digital world nowadays. The issue has indeed become pressing in the days of the continuing corona-crisis and the subsequent shift to digitization across developed economies.
“We chose the topic of this year’s HCPP20 ‘Digital Totality’ before the global pandemic COVID-19. We did not expect this topic would gain so much relevance and importance nowadays. We have already crossed the threshold of digital totalitarianism, and it is high time to use all means to ensure that we do not entirely collapse into it,” says Pavol Luptak, a co-founder of Paralelní Polis and one of the organizers.
The list of confirmed speakers at the conference includes, among others:
- Riccardo Spagni, a co-founder at Tari Labs and maintainer at the Monero project;
- Robert Hassan, professor of culture and communication at the University of Melbourne;
- Smuggler, a renowned crypto-anarchist and cypherpunk;
- Alena Vranova, the founder of Trezor;
- Deirdre Nansen McCloskey, distinguished professor emerita of economics and of history.
Other speakers will be announced later this summer as the organizers are still accepting and considering applications from the community. The deadline for submission of an application to become a speaker is August 31.
The ticket sale started on July 1. You can buy tickets on the official website with BTC, LTC, and XMR.
ForkLog is an official media partner of HCPP20.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- New Report Reveals How Long Hackers Keep Using Compromised Accounts
- North Korean Hackers Create Crypto-Trading Apps to Steal Cryptocurrencies
- CipherTrace: Twitter Hackers Laundered Stolen Bitcoins Through Exchanges and Casinos
- Former GlobalHell Hacker: The Attack on Twitter Is Way Bigger than Anticipated
- UK, U.S., and Canada Accuse Russia of Hacking Attacks to Steal Secret Research on Covid-19 Vaccine
- Hack of the Decade: Shameless Bitcoin Scam or Something Much More Sinister?
- Germany Calls On EU Countries to Impose Cyber Sanctions On Russian Hackers
- AT&T Faces Lawsuit Over Alleged SIM Swapping Leading to Massive Cryptocurrency Theft